Pages

Saturday 9 March 2013

Seabass and Spinach with Pine Nuts and Raisins

Today I was in a mood to make something different for lunch again. Luckly I was all alone and was able to prepare everything without anybody bothering me. I enjoy that a lot, since I can do it the way I want it and have all the time I need to prepare it perfectly.


I've decided to go for seafood since it's been a while when I've last eaten it. So I've prepared seabass and a special spinach with pine nuts and raisins. Strange combination you'd say and before you start with "eew, I don't like raisins", I have to admit I don't like them much neither, but they turned out really good in combination with spinach and pine nuts. As a salad I've chosen rocket and prepared it with tomatoes and grated cheese. It was fresh and just right to go with seafood lunch. After delicious lunch we've enjoyed with nicely decorated coffee and muffins that were left from Women's Day. :)


Ingredients for 4 persons:

- 4 pcs seabass
- 6 cloves of garlic
- parsley
- rosemary
- 2 lemons
- 2 tomatoes
- 500 g spinach
- 50 g pine nuts
- 50 g raisins
- salt
- pepper
- nutmeg
- 2 tbsp of coconut oil

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 190°C. Prepare a baking pan and put baking paper in it. Chop a bit of parsley and 3 cloves or garlic and put them a little bit inside each seabass. Add also a bit of rosemary and salt to each seabass and put them in baking pan. Put them in oven and bake for 20 minutes on each side.

Meanwhile put spinach in a large pot, pour water over it and bring it to boil. Leave it on medium heat for 5-10 minutes and then put the water out. Cover raisins with hot water and let it rest for 15 minutes. Then pour the water out. In a big pan sauté pine nuts for 2 minutes (without adding oil). Then put them aside. Put 2 tbsp of coconut oil in pan and add 3 choped cloves of garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes and then put the garlic out. Add spinach to oil and sauté for 5-10 minutes covered with lid on low heat untill the water evaporates. Then add pine nuts and raisins, a bit of nutemeg, pepper and salt and mix it. 

When the seabasses are ready, put them out of the oven and on the plate. Give a bit of spinach, sliced tomatoes and lemons on each plate. Serve and enjoy your meal!


No comments:

Post a Comment