Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

5-Minutes Quinoa Porridge

So here's another post about breakfast. And be sure, there are still some to come in next days, since I'm very in an experimetal-breakfast mood lately. 

So today something about my new creation: 5-minutes quinoa porridge. Why 5 minutes? Well acctually it has two meanings.



1.) It will take you only 5 minutes to prepare this delicious meal.
2.) 5 minutes and it's gone. Every little thing in it is so tasty, crunchy and melts in your mouth so you just wanna go for more. Well you have 5 minutes to enjoy it. ;)

Back to the point of this post. I bought quinoa last day since I've read many positive facts about this cereal. One of the things that convinced me the most are listed here:
- gluten free, so you can digest it easily
- complete protein, again much +++ for athlets

- reach in fiber, magnesium and iron, great for non-red-meat lovers
- low in calories and fat, that means hurray for all women :)

Many people make quinoa for lunch as a substitution for rice or as an add-on for salads. Well I've made it differently. For breakfast. With milk. And not just any milk, I've chosen almond milk. For the first time acctually, but it was worth it. It tasted sooo good and without additional sugar the sweetness was just right. 

For the porridge I've decided to add more ingredients than usually so my breakfast would be rich and that it would keep me full for a longer time in work. I must say it was successful. I've added a bit of banana, some cranberries, macadamia, coconut and strawberries to my porridge and it turned out perfect. Even my boyfriend agreed. So here is the recipe for all who want to try something new in the morning that will take only few minutes of your morning time, but will make you smile all day long. ;)


Ingredients for one person:
- 240 ml almond milk
- 40 g quinoa flakes
- half of banana
- few dried cranberries
- few macadamia nuts
- 1-2 strawberries
- coconut flakes
- vanilla seeds
- ground ginger
- cinnamon

Preparation:
Put almond milk together with cranberres in a pot and add a bit of cinnamon, vanilla seeds and ground ginger. Bring it to boil and add quinoa flakes. Mix a bit and put it to medium heat. Meanwhile mash half of banana, cut strawberries to slices and crush few macadamia nuts. After 3 minutes your porridge is ready. Add mashed banana to it and mix it. Put it in a nice cup, add macadamia nuts and strawberries on top and spring it with coconut flakes. Enjoy your breakfast!


No comments:

Post a Comment